Since our acquisition of Éclat Pharmaceuticals, L.L.C., Flamel Technologies has been focusing not only on the development and licensing of versatile, proprietary drug delivery platforms (Micropump® oral sustained release platform, its derivatives LiquiTime® and Trigger Lock™, and the long acting injectable platform Medusa™), but also on the development of novel, high-value products based on those delivery platforms, most of which are self-funded, and on the development, approval, and commercialization of niche branded and generic pharmaceutical products in the U.S. acquired from Éclat.
The key elements of our strategy that enable us to build upon our strengths are:
- to maximize the commercial potential of our “Unapproved to Approved” products acquired from Éclat Pharmaceuticals, L.L.C.;
- to identify and optimize time-to-market for our (not yet approved) drug delivery platforms, i.e. LiquiTime®, Trigger Lock™ and Medusa™;
- to maximize the technical potential of our existing drug delivery platform for developing new and proprietary products with the appropriated development pathway (as identified above);
- to develop and validate additional drug delivery platforms for unmet applications with our current platforms; and
- to leverage the capabilities of our existing (and additional, in the future) drug delivery platforms with pharmaceutical and biotechnology partners.