Oral Liquid Drug Delivery Platform For Pediatric And Geriatric Applications
LiquiTime (PDF file) allows the development of oral controlled release liquid formulations of drugs for patients who have difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules, such as children and the elderly.
LiquiTime has reached clinical proof of concept in humans for an undisclosed drug (confidential).
Flamel Technologies has several programs at various stage on undisclosed molecules.
LiquiTime Key Attributes
- Easy to swallow, good mouth feeling, taste masked
- Applicable to a wide range of drugs, not limited to ionic drugs as with resin-complex based technology
- Zero-order kinetics
- Combination of immediate release and extended release kinetics possible, for one or more drugs
- Uses “Generally Regarded as Safe” (GRAS) materials to assure safety
- Rapid development time under cGMP conditions
- Ease of scale-up to commercial quantities
- Clinical Proof of Concept achieved in humans; and,
- Broad and strong IP protection (several patents granted e.g. in the US, EU and Japan)
Rivail C. and Chatellier J. (2011) ONdrugDELIVERY “Oral drug delivery: Formulation selection methods & novel delivery technologies”
Issue May 2011: 20-21.